Follow us on Steam Follow us on FB Follow us on Twitter Subscribe on Youtube Subscribe on Twitch

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In loving memory of Rich "Mischief" Stark

Collapse
X
Collapse

• In loving memory of Rich "Mischief" Stark

Title: In loving memory of Rich "Mischief" Stark

Black Widow Company has always been more than just a gaming community, it’s a family. So it is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Rich "Mischief" Stark, one of our very own. For the last six years he was living with Multiple Myeloma. This never slowed him down, or stopped him playing games and enjoying life. He joined BWC as an Elder Scrolls Online player over five years ago, and performed exemplary service to us in S-1, ending his time there as Officer In Charge of Administration. He was also a Legionnaire, not only a rank, but also a position of trust and respect within BWC. Many of us have won victories together with him in multiple games, ranging from Star Citizen, Elder Scrolls Online, PlanetSide 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, and Diablo. He was outspoken and strong of character, a person who you would want in your corner when the chips were down. He displayed his leadership qualities by always being willing to help anyone he could at any time, and by being a true role model to those under his wing, even including Executive Officer Xzenocrimzie. We give our condolences to his family and friends, those in real life and here in BWC.

Let us all take a knee, offer a toast, whatever is your style, for our fallen brother. Mischief shall not be forgotten.

May you rest in peace Rich, we will always remember you until we meet again one day.

• Sorin
      Sorin commented
      Editing a comment
      Rich "Mischief" was a man of chracter. No matter the battlefield, either in game or doing admin stuff, I believed his character to be flawless. This says a lot for a man. Many of days and nights were spent in game wrecking havoc on a variety of adversaries. The time spent sitting in voice chat getting to know this man on a personal level was something I admired most about him. He was true, honest, and loyal. Not only to those he worked and served with among BWC, but to his family and friends as well. "Mischief" will be surely missed... on and off the battlefield. Rest soundly my friend. We will see you again in that great game in the heavens.

• Dread Raider
      Dread Raider commented
      Editing a comment
      He is already missed.
      God Speed Mischief, We'll see you when we get there.

• Pyras
      Pyras commented
      Editing a comment
      Well written, Terry. Rich was not everyone's favorite person. He had a brash attitude, and could absolutely come off as abrasive. But, he saved that stuff for his friends because we knew him best, and knew that he had quite a sense of humor. He was a blunt person, didn't hold much in reserve, and had a lot of opinions too. In many cases, he made damn good points, and he swayed my opinion on more than one subject. I had the opportunity to work with Rich a lot when he was in S-1, and we became very good friends. He was my healing buddy in Star Wars, introduced me to, and was the only one that would play Vermintide with me, and raided with my team in WoW. Even when I left, I always stayed tight with him.

This is a guy who fought off blood cancer for 5 years. He wasn't quiet about it, you knew when it was a good day and when it was a bad one. But regardless of what was going on, when he was here, he was on point. He helped tons and tons of new members, helped to shape policy and, put in a ton of effort towards this community. I never could thank him enough for everything he did. Whether you knew him, or not, you should all know that he had a profound impact on many lives here.

This one was hard for me. The guy never let on that it was nearing the end. Many of us spoke to him recently, I spoke to him what was now a couple of weeks ago. Was trying to find out what we could play next, and trying to convince him back into VT2. I always knew Rich was sick, and that he was in and out of treatment centers. But I honestly never thought we had so little time. I am going to miss him tremendously, and I want to thank you guys for honoring his memory.

We'll catch up again soon, Mischief!
    Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

Article Tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Division 2 - Expedition: DC Outskirts!

Written by: L A V A
    Art by: Byronius Monk

Expedition: DC Outskirts

Listen up Agents! There is a new free game mode coming to the Division 2 called Expeditions! The general release will be July 30th for all players and July 23rd for holders of the Year One Pass. Expeditions will be a new game feature and in Episode 1 it will take us out of the city to the DC Outskirts. Each expedition will contain 3 new main missions; the completion of which opens...
    30 June 19, 12:03
  • PAO Wants You!
    Written by: Chephen
    Art by: Chephen

PAO WANTS YOU!

YES YOU!

Ever want to move up within the BWC and hold a meaningful billet? Love talking about your favorite games and the going-ons in BWC? Well then have we got the billets for you!

The Public Affairs Office (PAO) is looking for writers to help contribute to our front page articles and other ALCONs that you see throughout the forums and discord. The only requirements...
    25 June 19, 07:30
  • Division 2 Free to Play Weekend 13-16 June

Art by: Chephen

Division 2 Free to Play Weekend
    13-16 June

In a surprise offering during their presentation at E3, Massive Entertainment has announced a FREE to PLAY Weekend beginning this Thursday, 13 June through Sunday, 16 June. If you have been on the fence as to whether or not to purchase the Division 2, now is the time to give it a free trial. For those who enjoy the experience and want to continue their progression,
    11 June 19, 08:20
  • Destiny 2 The Season of Opulence

Art by: ByroniusMonk

Destiny 2 The Season of Opulence

The last and third installment of Destiny 2's current Season Pass content is dropping on June 4th and there are tons of stuff to be excited about! Right at the top of the list is the new Raid: The Crown of Sorrow. The Raid will be taking place on the mighty Leviathan Spaceship and will feature a power level cap during the first 24 hours for those teams looking to be...
    01 June 19, 18:38
  • Destiny 2 Gambit Tournament

Destiny 2 Gambit Tournament

Thanks to the Drifter, the Guardians of BWC have been acquiring new armor sets to play Gambit in Destiny 2. Whether it be a Reaper, Sentry, Collector or Invader Set, it is time to put those armor sets to the test. Using the new Private Gambit Matches feature, the Destiny 2 Regiment lead by KayLous and dwk001, have announced an internal BWC Gambit Tournament to be...
    17 April 19, 11:31
  • Directive 51 Activated – BWC Agents Respond!

DIRECTIVE 51 ACTIVATED - BWC AGENTS RESPOND!

As the Green Poison runs rampant wrecking havoc in its wake, a collapse of the Strategic Homeland Division's (SHD) Command and Control System sparked a distress call from Washington, D.C. In response, the President activated Directive 51 for all agents of the Division to move to secure the Nation's Capital. Here at BWC many of those covert agents...
    15 April 19, 07:33
Working...
X